Curious George Face Cake - Cake Decorating Tutorials
A Curious George Face Cake would be a fun cake for any kids that loves the program. It's a simple, easy and effortless cake that does not need any special equipment or special skills to make it. Here are a few progress pictures for you on how I did the cake.
I just made this cake for a four year old boy name Ilai. He loves Curious George but we had a very small budget for cake so we made this simple Curious George Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Here's how I made this cake
- Print an image of curious George from the internet to use as a template.
- Bake two 8" round for the face and two small mini cakes for the ears.
- Stacked the two 8" cakes with cream cheese frosting.
- Use a template to cut out the sides - use a cookie cutter or a knife.
- Trace the inner features of the face on a grease proof paper and mark a line around to guide you.
- Use a piping bag and pipe around the template.
- Then fill in the details using the same template.
- Placed the ears using the template again.
- Use fondant to make the features - I cut them free hand and placed them on the template first then on to the cake.
- That's all I did
I really tired to keep this in my budget and make it as simple as I can. The cream cheese frosting can be difficult to smooth because it's really soft. Personally I think using the Velvet American Buttercream would be better.
Don't forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
Are you new to cake decorating? Do you love cake decorating?
Click here to see some of my Index of all cake tutorials from basic to advance.