Cosmos Lace Inspired White Wedding Cake
Ending this year sharing with you one final wedding cake. This Cosmos Lace Inspired White Wedding Cake. Inspired by the brides favorite flower the cosmos and wafer paper lace. This white wedding cake with a wood panel on the bottom tier was really fun to create.
I really loved making this cake. Had quiet a bit of free reign on the design that really got me going.
The bride told me
- Her favorite flower was the cosmos – she’d love that on the cake.
- She wanted the whole cake to be mostly white if possible.
- Loved the modern wooden look she saw on recent cake trends; but possible still keeping the white theme.
- Open to having a hexagon tier and an all round tiered
- Loved the idea of wafer paper lace.
So after all discussions and sketches back and forth; we decided on this design. I think she really loved how it turned out.
Some details for you of the cake –
The cake Flavors.
- Bottom Tier – Classic Chocolate Cake filled with Oreo Buttercream and frosted with Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Third Tier – Classic Vanilla Cake filled with White Chocolate Praline Buttercream with White Chocolate Ganache
- Second Tier – Perfect Red Velvet Cake filled with Cream Cheese Frosting and frosted with Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Top Tier – Traditional White Wedding Cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream
The Design elements
- The bottom tier is a simple wood effect I created with the same technique I taught in my tutorial – Hand Painted Tree Stump Mushroom Cake – only difference is the colors are lighter.
- The third tier is a hexagon tier – I carved it out of a round cake using a hexagon cake board. I used two hexagon cake boards, above and below my round cake after I layers and filled with buttercream. I used theFMM Lace pattern for this and some flower molds similar to this.
- The second tier is fairly simple with aMarvelous Molds Karen Lace Mold and some Waver paper lace I cut using theMartha Stewart punch sets.
- The top tier is again with some Martha Stewart Punch that I used on Wafer Paper and some rose silicon molds
The top tier adorned with some really pretty Sugar Rose and Cosmos flowers with foliage.
Here is a closer look of the Cosmos
I do hope you find the little infor on this cake useful. If you have any questions please feel free to ask in the comments below.
I really had fun making this one and looking forward to more wedding cakes and sugar flowers in the next year