Gold dragees on cakes are always in trend any time of the year. Customizing them further gives them a unique look and set them apart from the standard gold dragees. This simple, easy and effortless method will help you change the color of gold dragees but this technique can be used with any color dragees found in the market.
Well, it's Thursday so it's time for Tip Thursday on my Facebook Page. Today's Tip Thursday is brought to you by the lovely Eva Salazar of Make Me My Cake.
Here is a short bio Eva shared about herself
I come from Spain but I live in Miami. It wasn't until I moved to Miami when I transformed my hobby in a full time passion. Then I created Makememycake and since then I couldn't stop my craziness about cakes.
My first cake decorating book "Tartas Esculturales" came out last September full of fun and unique designs.
You can find Eva Facebook page here - Makememycake Facebook
Or you can visit her Website here - Makememycake webiste
And you can see her recent book here -
Today's Tip Thursday - How to change the color of your gold dragees (pin)
When you buy gold dragees the color that they have use to be so yellow and not really nice gold. Change their color with a simple step is very easy and make a huge difference in the cake.
How to change the color of gold dragees - customize gold dragees
- You can see the original color of the dragees
- In a little container put some gold luster
- Put the dragees in the color that you want to add and shake them softly. Now you have a new dragees with a nice gold color.
Make variation of the gold you can use different gold luster. Gold highlighter which gives a nice gold antique color or the gold shimmer which gives a very bright and light gold color.
- You can see the difference between the original dragees and the ones that we changed the color in just seconds.
- The three colors in fondant look also completely different. The original on the left and the two new gold colors on the middle and right. This simple tip makes a really huge different in the cake make them warm and gold.
I do hope you found this tip useful. Remember to visit Eva on her Facebook page here - Makememycake Facebook Or you can visit her Website here - Makememycake webiste