Straight Buttercream Ruffle Cake
A Buttercream Ruffle Cake is simple easy and quick. It looks very impressive and fashion inspired so makes a perfect celebration cake for any age be it on a princess cake or a mothers day cake.
Like I said this one looks complicated but it’s really is simple, easy and impressive. I recently made this cake to take with me on my Rhea’s school get together parents party. Everyone had to bring something. Knowing that I’m into cakes they obviously leave dessert as my option. I do love making such simple easy and pretty cakes. Everyone was so impressed with my straight ruffles.
This is my recipe from One Chocolate Cake with many different flavor variations filled with White Chocolate Buttercream and frosted with my Velvet American Buttercream. If you are new to piping you may like to try my Stiff Buttercream Recipe Perfect for piping sugar flowers
Now ideally would be best to take a video but I could not due to time constraints. So this is the best I have for now.
- Cool cake after baking.
- Level torte and fill the cake as normal.
- Crumb coat the cake and chill for a few minutes.
- Filling piping bag with icing and a Rose tip piping tip.
- Use a ruler or large scraper to make vertical lines on the cake so you know way and how broad to pipe.
- Hold the bag at a 90 degree angle straight up towards the cake.
- Pip one simple zigzag motion in a straight line from bottom to top.
- Pretend you have a pen in your hand. And attempt to write a zig zig sign from bottom all the way up. Just move your hand left right left right……picking you bag as you go
- Making sure to keep within that line that you marked.
- I prefer to add the top tier after I a have done the sides of the bottom tier so it does not get in the way of my piping.
Save this tutorial for later. You can find a collection of my recipes and tutorials here on Pinterest
Are you new to cake decorating? Learn Cake Decorating from basic to advance on your own pace. Click here for my Tutorial Index to see a list of tutorials