Buttercream Rose Swirl Cake
A Buttercream Rose Swirl Cake is a perfect gift for a lady no matter what age. In fact it’s a great cake to have when celebrating with guest too! The cake is a light and fluffy rainbow cake as a base with delicious Italian Meringue Buttercream.
The Buttercream Rose Swirl is so easy. The next time I have no time to decorate but want to give some one something special – this is it. Simple, easy and beautiful. I LOVE it.
Cake Flavor and Frosting
This is my Rainbow Cake recipe made with my Light and Fluffy vanilla Cake which is in my online shop but you can use any of my other cake recipes on this blog. Today I am using my Italian Meringue Buttercream but you can also use the Velvet American or the Swiss Meringue Buttercream
How to make the Buttercream Rose Swirl Cake
- Bake and cool completely.
- Level tort and fill the cake as we usually do.
- Crumb coat the cake- doesn’t have to be perfect.
Piping the Swirl
- Place the buttercream in a piping using the Wilton Tip 2D or IM – or similar other brand
- This is what you do with the tip. The direction is just a swirl.
- Just as we do it on a cupcakes now we do it on a cake!!
- You start from the inside out.. except there you hold the bag perpendicular to the cake sides.
- Make as many swirls as you can touching each other.
- There will be gaps in between them which you can pipe a star with the same tip – I usually do this after I’ve done a few rows.
- The second row goes in between the first so you don’t have too many gaps.
Here’s the direction for you on a piece of paper. I think it is really simple as long as you understand how.
And Voila.. you have a pretty Buttercream Swirl Cake.
You can play with the size of the swirl and colors of the buttercream to get very different effects
You can make this a Buttercream Ombre Rose Swirl Cake
Save this tutorial for later. You can find a collection of my recipes and tutorials here on Pinterest
Are you new to cake decorating? Learn Cake Decorating from basic to advance on your own pace. Click here for my Tutorial Index to see a list of tutorials