Buttercream Rose Petal Cake - Buttercream Rose Cake
A buttercream rose petal cake or petal cake is a fun cake to make for a quick and simple birthday celebration cake. The technique is simple but a little time consuming. However once you start with it - it really does to quick and easy.
I made this cake for lovely Jenella. Her husband wanted to celebrate her 30th birthday with a small simple cake.
A little how I did this cake.
- Cake Size - This is a 7" round -
- Cake Flavor -I'm using my Light and fluffy Vanilla cake but you can use any of my recipes from my recipe collection
- Frosting - I've use Swiss Meringue Buttercream but my Velvet American Buttercream or Italian Meringue works just as well.
I love using Swiss Meringue buttercream for piping such designs. It's really delicious, less sweeter than my Velvet American Buttercream (which again is perfect for piping) but SMBC also has a glossy look which I love!!
- Technique - The method is really simple - Pipe a dot with a round tip (I used Wilton 12)
- then use a spatula or the back of a teaspoon and pull the dot outwards.
- To make it more simple you can just pipe a dot... but before you release you pull the dot into a tail.
- Personally I like the little dip you get in each petal with the sptula
You can do this on the whole cake or just as a border. I did the whole cake of course.
Just pipe dots from top to bottom like so and use a spatula or back of your teaspoon to press the dots like so.
Piping the next row is again dependent on the effect you want. Closer looks a lot different than the dots piped far apart.
Play with it and have fun
Don't forget to save this tutorial on Pinterest for later.
You can find a collection of my tutorials and recipes here on Pinterest
Are you new to cake decorating? Do you love cake decorating?
Click here to see some of my Index of all cake tutorials from basic to advance.