Baby Bath Tub Cake
Recently, I made this cake to celebrate the birth of a litle baby girl name ‘Mika’. It’s not as difficult as it may seem.
- This is a 6″ round cake, I layered it into 3 instead of two layers.
From the top most layer I cut out a round disc with a cookie cutter. Then coated it with buttercream like any other cake.
- Next, I marbled a blue and white fondant and cut out a disc about 8 inches round. Placed that on the cake top.
It’s important to ease the fondant in the middle so you don’t tear it. Use a pin to release the air from under as you do that.
- Next, I took my chocolate fondant. Rolled it out and cut a rectangle about an inch taller than the cake.
Used a paring knife to make random lines as you can see.Then cut out small uneven ‘v’s on the top and bottom section so that when I wrapped it around my cake it would appear like the cuts in the wood.
- Almost there, next; I made small balls of white fondant in different sizes and spread them around the top of the bath tub.
- Well, now make your baby.
To make the baby’s face watch my video – How to make Baby Face
- To make the bath bubbles shine – I used a gelatine glaze.
Mix 1 tbsp of water to 1/4 tsp of gelatine. Wait 30 sec. Heat it in the microwave for 10 to 15 secs. Then add 1 tsp of light corn syrup. Brush over the bubbles while still warm not hot. If gelatin sets warm in microwave before you use it again.
Add the rest of the details – ducky, towel, soap. What ever you fancy.