Vanilla Sugar Cookies
These are the best sugar cookies you will ever eat. They are a variation on the delicious butter cookies; they stay soft and crisp and delicious much longer.
This is the sugar cookie recipe that I use for making my sugar cookies.
Unlike most other recipes I do not add any leavening agent like baking powder or baking soda. I prefer that my cookies do not expand like regular cookies. Read the recipe carefully first, before you decide to start mixing.
Vanilla Sugar Cookies – Video
Flavor: If you prefer you can substitute the vanilla with the zest of one lemon or zest of one orange.
You can Pin this on Pinterest here – Vanilla Sugar Cookies
Or Share it on Facebook here – Vanilla Sugar Cookies
- 440 grams (4cups) All-Purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 225 grams ( 1 cup) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 225 grams ( 1 cup) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract.
- Make sure the butter and eggs are room temperature.
- Sift together the flour and salt
- Place butter, sugar and salt in your mixing bowl and mix on medium until light and fluffy. Do not skim on this step or the cookies will be very dense.
- Add eggs one at a time slowly, mixing well until incorporated.
- When both the eggs are added. Continue mixing on medium for about three minutes.
- Now add the Vanilla, then the flour mix.
- Do not over mix once the four is incorporated.
- Gather all in a bowl. Divide into 4 and wrap in cling/plastic wrap for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out and cut into desired shaped.
- Place the cookies in the fridge for 15 minutes before you bake them in a preheated oven at 180C/350F for about 10 to 12 minutes depending on size or until you see the sides are lightly golden.
- Decorate as desired.
If well stored in an air tight container the cookies will keep for up to 4 weeks.
Mine have never lasted more than a couple of days!