Vanilla Cream Cake
This is a delicious Vanilla cream cake. Why cream? because part of the butter is replaced with cream. Cream adds a very different and rich flavor to the cake as well as keeps the cake moist.
When we were kids my mom would replace 3/4 of the butter with cream. She did not use the cartoon cream like I’m doing here.. She used fresh milk cream.
Want to make Cakes like the PRO?
Join a Cake Decorating School and skip all the trial and errors.
See my reviews here and see which schools I recommend.
Cake Decorating Schools online
What is fresh milk cream? The fresh milk that you get from cows, before it goes thru any pasteurization or homogenization is full of milk fat.
If you heat that milk, let it cool, you will find that all the milk fat floats to the surface of the milk. Once the milk is cold, you can take a spoon and scoop up this fat. This is fresh milk cream.
It taste delicious and is so rich and creamy. As kids mom would spread it on bread instead of butter. She would add cut strawberries and …. I could go on…..!
For those of you who live in parts of the world where you get fresh milk cream. I envy you. Try this recipe and you will be amazed at the flavor fresh milk cream gives this cake.
Like me this is also my son’s favorite cake. And tomorrow the 8th of May is his birthday. So this one is for him. Next week I will share with you what I made with this cake for him.
- Mixer - Hand Mixeror Kitchen-Aid or K-mixwhich ever works for you.
- Cake Pans
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Tray
- Cooling Rack
- 300 grams (3 cups) Cake flour
- 200 grams ( ¾ cup + 1 tbsp) unsalted Butter
- 300 grams )(1½ cup) Sugar
- 5 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ cup whipping Cream (32% or more)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 170 C/340 F
- Prepare you pan for baking
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- You can use an electric mixer but I'm using a bowl and whisk.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time.
- Add Vanilla extract
- Add flour and cream
- This is your batter ready.
- Pour into your baking pan/s.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
I hope you try this recipe. If you do please do let me know what you think.
Want your customers to enjoy cakes that taste as delicious as they look?
Check out my collections of VAOC Calculated Recipes.
Wondering how much batter you need?
Have no time to calculate your recipes?
Are you sure your recipe will work the same when doubled or tripled?
Don't know how to convert recipes?
Do you need a 4 inch tall cake?
or perhaps a 6" tall cake?
Round or Square cake?
Don't worry - I can help!!
My Tried and Tested recipes are already calculated for your convenience.
I have calculate 15 different size pans for you in each PDF - be it Round or Square & and yes both 4 or 6 inch tall cakes.
So now a single tier or double barrel baking is a piece of cake with my PDFs.
visit Calculate Recipe section Now !