Valentine Conversation Heart Cakes Tutorial
These Valentine Conversation Heart Cakes are perfect give away treats for Valentine Day Celebration. Say more with little words of love. In this video I show you how simple and easy they are to create with tools or freehand.
I made these conversation heart cakes almost 2 years ago! Can you believe I forgot to actually them them on my blog? I know so sorry! I uploaded them on You Tube but not sure how it slipped my mind to add them to the blog.
Anyway, this is a simple easy and quick tutorial. The video on you You tube is a time lapse/ quick version you can find at the bottom of this post. The slow version is this one. I hope you find it useful.
Video – Valentine Conversation Heart Cakes Tutorials – Slow version
If you remember I shared with you this Valentine Pillow and Floral Cake back then too! I love how the pillow effect turned out. You will find that video tutorial for this too. And then I shared the Valentine Strawberry Gift Box Cake – that was nice too!
Tweet this video – Thanks
Like this video for Conversation Heart Cake Tutorial Click To Tweet
Tips for carving.
- It’s always nice to use a cake that is suitable for carving. Often a pound cake or sponge cake works great. The cake I used for this is my Vanilla Cream Cake
- A good practice before carving into any cake is to freeze the cake for an hour. That helps create less bread crumbs.
- Here I am using my Velvet American Buttercream recipe ABC but any frosting works as long as you can smooth and chill it before you cover with fondant. Ganache will give you a nice firm base to work with but try Italian Meringue or Swiss Meringue Butter creams too. They are butter based and chill really well.
The tools here are really simple and easy. I wanted to make sure I not fuss with anything on the must has list.
- You can use mini heart pans they create less waste but then again you can enjoy some cake pops with the left over cake
- I have shown you how to use a paper template to cut around the sheet cake in the previous video and that works well here too.
- For the lettering I have usecraft shop alphabet press but I have also show you how to do it free hand with a brush
- It’s best to use edible gel colors for this but if you are careful the supermarket diluted colors work too.
You Tube Video – Time Lapse Version (slow video above)
Finally here is my video on You Tube – it’s a Time lapse version so a bit fast. If you prefer to watch it slow – just scroll above and watch the slow video.
I hope you will subscribe for more videos – I upload one video every week.. This week it’s been THREE!! Shh….
I do hope you enjoy these little cute Valentine Hearts. What would you have written on your conversation Hearts?
Wish you all a Happy Valentines’ Day with your loved ones.
Share this tutorial with your friends on Social Media.Awesome Video - Valenitne Conversation Heart Cake Tutorial Click To Tweet