Soft Burger Buns
I love Burger Buns that are soft when I’m eating my Burgers. I think it’s almost essential to the meal that the bread with the burger be soft almost melt in your mouth.
I have already shared with you my Turkey Burger recipe as well as my oven fried Potato wedges.
Today I want to share with you my recipe for the super soft burger buns that I serve them in.
These are absolutely soft and delicious – my kids love them with or without burgers.
Soft Burger Buns
- Mixer - I'm using my K-Mix
- Wooden Spoon
- Baking Trays
- Bench Scaper
- Parchment Paper
- Oven mitts
- Kitchen Cloth
- 1½ cup warm milk
- 1 large egg
- 60 grams / 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Instant dry yeast (or 25 grams fresh yeast)
- 1 tsp salt
- 400 to 500 grams / 3½ to 4½ cups - All Purpose flour (see note below)
- In a bowl - add the warm milk, sugar, yeast, egg, melted butter - stir well and set aside until foamy.
- Place flour and salt in the mixer bowl.
- Add in the yeast mixture.
- Do not add too much flour. DO NOT add too much flour (see progress pictures below)
- Use a bench scraper or spoon to help remove the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for about 5 to 7 minutes. without adding much flour. Use light pressure and knead with the heals of your hand.
- Now for my usual finger test.. Dig two fingers in.... (By now you probably don't need me to show you this..! (see progress pictures below on my blog)
- Pick your fingers -- the dough spring back.. You can barely see my finger marks on the dough.
- You can see the dough is still sticking to my counter.. This is how it should be -soft, very elastic but still a little sticky.
- Place in an oiled bowl to rise for about an hour or more..until double in volume.
- Once double in volume. Punch down.
- Divide the dough into 10 to 12 depending on how big you want the burgers. Let rest for 10 minutes. This will help with forming the buns.
- Form the buns exactly the same way I showed you in my post for dinner rolls.
- Cover with cling / plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 45 mins to an hour.
- Once double in volume... Apply egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 C/380 F for about 20 mins or until golden brown.
- Important - as soon as you take the burgers out of the oven - cover them with a clean kitchen cloth so the burgers will retain the steam and stay soft.
- Let rest for 15 mins before you remove the kitchen cloth or serve.
- Since this is a picture I can only show you how soft they are by pressing them with my fingers. These are absolutely delicious and soft.
Some progress picture for you.
I do hope you try this recipe. Until then Happy Baking.