Quick and Easy Apple Tart
Oh Apples! How I love them in desserts. Apple Pies are my absolute favorite. I think I got my kids addicted to apple desserts as well. Last week we had some caramel apples with Ice Cream because Rhea just insisted on having an apple tart.
Today, I want to share with you this Quick and Easy Apple Tart. it’s the most simplest and quickest recipe you could make for a quick homemade dessert. I always make it as a back up dessert when I have no time to make something elaborate.
Method– I’ve given you two versions below. The first one with Homemade Pie Crust is my preferred method because you do not loose too much of the lovely juices during baking.
Apples – I like to use the green granny smith apples but most often I do not plan ahead of time so end up making them with the red apples we buy for eating. Both work equally well.
Sugar – personally I calculate about 1/4 cup for each apple but do check your apples. For granny smith which are tart 1 cup is necessary but the red Galla are very sweet so I tend to use only 3/4 cup.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/380 F
- Prepare a Homemade Pie crust and line the tart pan with it.
- Prebake it as shown in the post for about 10 minutes
- Peal, core and slice the apples.
- Add the Brown sugar, lemon juice and toss to coat the apple slices.
- Arrange the apple slices on the tart as best possible. Try to pack them well cause they will shrink when cooking.
- Add small dabs of butter if you need. Most often I omit the butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 C/380 F for about 30 minutes. Until the top is golden and bubbly.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before you serve it.
- Cut a disc or rectangle of puff pastry, place on a baking parchment.
- Using a plate an inch smaller than the edge.
- Score around the plate forming a line. This will then bake as the tarts rim.
- Arrange the apples on the inside of the line Try to pack them closely as they will shrink when cooking.
- Bake at 190 C/380 F for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Here are the progress pictures for both methods above
This one is Homemade Pie Crust
This is with Puff Pastry.
This one of course is made on a baking tray and puff pastry cut into a rectangle.