Guys, If you love Pecans you will love this Pecan Pie recipe.
It’s absolute heaven. Made with brown sugar, cream, butter, golden syrup and toasted pecans. Now this one does not have any Chocolate so it’s a little different from Chocolate Pecan Pie but trust me when it comes to delish…. it’s right up there.
I often bake this pie in a tart pan – just because I like the fuller look once it’s baked. But the recipe is for a standard size pie pan as seen above.
Here’s what you will need:
Author: Veena Azmanov - A Homemade Chef
For the pastry
- 200 grams plain flour
- 1 tbsp caster or fine grain sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 90 grams / 6 tbsp butter - chilled cut into cubes.
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp whipping cream
For the filling
- 200 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ cup / 125 ml golden syrup
- ⅓ cup / 110 ml melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200 grams Pecan halves (divided)
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla
For the Pastry Tart -
- Prepare the pastry dough with these ingredients and directions I shared in my post - making a pie crust.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Blend the wet ingredients
- Make pastry dough. - See how to make a pastry crust
- Roll out as shown in the above post and line your pie pan with the dough..
- Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Toast the Pecans.
- Mean while - place the pecans on a baking tray and toast in the oven at 150 C/ 300 F for 5 mins.
- Divide the toasted pecans - Remove approximately 60 grams of good pecan halves to use as topping. Roughly chop the rest. Not to thick but don't mince them too much either.
Prepare the filling:
- Have all your ingredients measured and ready.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 190 C/380 F.
- In a bowl. Mix together the Brown sugar, melted butter, golden syrup, salt, Vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix well for about 2 minutes.
- Next add in the cream. Mix well.
- Add in the eggs one at a time mixing thoroughly.
- Throw in your chopped pecans.
- Your filling is ready.
- Pour the pecan mixture into the chilled pastry case.
- Top the filling with the saved pecan halves arranging them as shown in the pictures below.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 10 minutes at 190 C/380 F
- after 10 minutes - Reduce the temperature to 160 C/320 F and bake further for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- When baked you will see that the pie has slightly risen and is firm to touch.
Here are a few progress pictures for you to better understand the progress.
I do hope you try this recipe and let me know if you loved it.