Paris Fashion Theme Cake
I made this tutorial for Edible Artist Network. It’s a Paris Fashion Theme cake and I think you will love it.
This is a three tier Cake
10 x 4 “tall Bottom
8 x 6” Tall – Middle
6 x 4 “tall – Top
The Tutorial consist of – Making the Eiffel Tower, Shopper Silhouette, 2D Shoes and Shopping Bags which are best made a head of time so they can dry.
Medium to use – I am using Fondant with CMCadded. You could also use 50% gum paste and 50% Fondant. Modeling chocolate works well too.
Want your customers to enjoy cakes that taste as delicious as they look?
Check out my collections of VAOC Calculated Recipes.
Wondering how much batter you need?
Have no time to calculate your recipes?
Are you sure your recipe will work the same when doubled or tripled?
Don't know how to convert recipes?
Do you need a 4 inch tall cake?
or perhaps a 6" tall cake?
Round or Square cake?
Don't worry - I can help!!
My Tried and Tested recipes are already calculated for your convenience.
I have calculate 15 different size pans for you in each PDF - be it Round or Square & and yes both 4 or 6 inch tall cakes.
So now a single tier or double barrel baking is a piece of cake with my PDFs.
visit Calculate Recipe section Now !
Tutorial below :
You can find this tutorial on Edible Artist Network as well as many other tutorials
Making the Eiffel Tower:
To make the Eiffel tower you can use cookie cutter or use a picture printed out from Google.
- Roll past a bit thicker – Cut the shape using your cookie cutter or your template.
- Let it dry for a few minutes so it is firm but still pliable before the next step.
- You will need four cut outs. Three in black and one is Pink.
Using a sharp scalp blade cut the inside of the pink piece leaving a nice thick but neat Outline. Now place the pink on one of the black.
- Place the three cut outs of the Eiffel Tower using each other to support and make them stand – use tissue paper or external supports if necessary to support the shape until it dries.
- Beginners may find it easier to assemble the Eiffel tower on a small dried gum paste circle / disc with Royal Icing for more stability.
- My cake is 6” tall
- The Pink back ground is 6” tall and the Shopper Silhouette is about 4.5” tall
- Roll your black Fondant fairly thin.
- Use a sharp Scalp blade or scalpelto cut out your shopper Silhouette.
- Let dry for a few minutes so it’s easier to handle.
- Roll the Pink paste and cut out a 6” oval. Here I am using aPME Oval cutter.
- Place the Black Silhouette on the Pink Oval background
- Attach to the cake using water or edible glue.
- You can cut the Silhouettes accessories such as bags in black or other colors as well.
The tools you use are as important as the art you create.
So buy wisely.
Wondering which tools to buy?
See the tools I use and recommend in
Tools of the Trade
Making the 2D Shoes –
The shoes are cut the same way as the Eiffel Tower. You can use a cookie cutter or a template from the internet.
I used Pink / Royal blue / Apple green and Extra Black as choice of colors here..
- Cut your shoe shapes out form the template of cookie cutter.
- Place the colored shoe template on the black template. Such that the black looks like the sole of the shoe (image 4)
- Cut off any excess. Add a bow or buttons if you like (Image 5)
- Secure a cocktail stick or Spaghetti between the two shapes before they dry, alternatively; Use melted chocolate or Royal Icing to secure the toothpick later.
Making the Shopping Bags
Cut our four squares using asquare cookie cutter of the size of bag you need.
Two for the broader sides, one for the narrow sides, one for the bottom.
- Fold the bottom square in half so you have a double more stable base.
- Cut one square in half to make the two sides –fold these into half to get the center indent.
- Now assemble the two narrow sides first.
- Then attach the broader sides
- Roll two thin sausages to create the handles. You can use your clay extruder
- Use Magic Color Gold, black and a thin paint brush to write your desired accessories or brand names.
- Fill the bag with thin dried triangle of fondant or rice paper.
Additional Notes on how I decorated the Tiers
The cake tiers are decorated quite simple with basic shapes and molds.
Top Tier – The top using afour corners shape in alternating in Bazooka Pink and Black.
Middle Tier – For the middle I use a Marvelous Molds Floral Swagand border mold but you could use a circle cutter to create your own swag.
I dusted the swag and border with Metallic Gold Powder
Bottom Tier – For the Bottom Tier I cut out strips of Bazooka Pink and Extra Black fondant.
I use the Classic Pearl Border Mold from Marvelous Molds and dusted it with Metallic Gold.
And that’s my Paris Fashion Theme Cake! What do you think?
Want to make Cakes like the PRO?
Join a Cake Decorating School and skip all the trial and errors.
See my reviews here and see which schools I recommend.
Cake Decorating Schools online
I do hope you like this tutorial.