Homemade Caramel Sauce – Takes just less than 10 minutes
Caramel Sauce is the simplest treat you can use to take a simple dessert and add that extra wow. Making Homemade Caramel Sauce is easier than most people think! It takes about 5 minutes to make one cup caramel with just a sauce pan and wooden spoon. I’ll show you how in the video below.
Video – How I make my homemade Caramel Sauce.
It’s a bit shaky cause I was holding the camera in one hand but not so bad.
Recently I posted my Caramel video on Instagram with my Homemade Caramel Sauce dripping all over these cupcakes and Ice creams – everybody loved it and started asking the recipe for my Caramel Sauce.
Guess what? the recipe is the same standard recipe and the method is the same as everybody else and yet it’s picking that point of when the sugar goes from amber to golden and then burned. You have to pick just that point between golden and before burned that has the best dark color.
Don’t you just wanna get into that picture and lick the caramel off. These are my Caramel Cupcakes with soft caramel centers. You must try.
To make caramel buttercream all you do is add 1 cup of thick caramel sauce to 4 cups of Vanilla Buttercream. Works will all my Buttercream recipes – Swiss meringue buttercream, Italian meringue buttercream, Velvet American buttercream
CAUTION !! Now Caramel is working with hot sugar so you have to be extra careful.
- No kids around,
- and no answering phone calls,
- or no putting your face too close to check the sugar,
- wear gloves it you need to.
- Have all your ingredients ready as the process is quite quick.
- Always use a heavy bottom pan AND a deep bottom pan. As the mixture will rise when you add the butter and cream. You don’t wanna burn your pretty fingers.
Click here to Pin this recipe on Pinterest
RECIPE – Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 to 1 cup fresh cream (less with make it more thick)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Place the sugar and water in a deep light colored pan (so you can see the color)
- With the heat on medium low cook the sugar.
- Shake the pan as you need but do not use a spoon. It is important to keep the heat on medium low so the sugar will caramelize not burn.
- Swirl the pan slowly guiding the heat distribution
- The sugar should now start to color into a golden amber.
- One all the sugar is amber, add in the butter and whisk constantly.
- Followed by the cream. (watch your hands and the mixer will rise when you add the butter and cream)
- Cool for a few minutes in the pan then pour into a glass jar or pot. As the mixture cools it will get more thicker.
Recipe Card – Homemade Caramel Sauce
You can use this caramel sauce on ice creams, cupcakes and any dessert that calls for caramel.
What’s your favorite way of eating caramel? Share with me in the comments. I’m sure we will come up with interesting ideas.