Giant Cupcake Cake Video Tutorial
I made this giant cupcake Cake recently for a Bat Mitzvah girl. She knew exactly what she wanted.
A Giant Cupcake Cake with my Vanilla Cake and Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
The Top has to be a whipped cream effect with a golden flag on it.
Love when you get a little customer that already envisions her cake.
Making the tutorial
I wanted to make you a tutorial video on this Giant Cupcake Cake because though I already have a picture tutorial on my blog many of you seemed to have questions especially with pans and baking.
One thing led to another and I found myself making a video that addressed more than just the cake making but rather answering some question as well.
Some of you had asked me –
How to approach customer questions on cake design?
How to decide on which size cake to make?
When do you make a one tier or a two tier cake etc?
So in this tutorial I show you
- How to bake and decorate the Giant Cupcake Cake
- How you can take a single tier cake and extend it to a two tier cake.
- I discuss how to approach customer query and how to go about the design options.
- You get to learn two different boards – one for a single tier and one for the two tier.
- I use a dummy cake on the bottom to show you how you can extend this design to make it a two tier cake. The bottom tutorial starts after the cake is covered in fondant.
- We learn some pretty stenciling and how to apply it to the Giant Cupcake Cake
- I Airbrush the bottom tier cake with some cool grass effect.
- We then ake some 3 D clouds, some trees, mushrooms, grass, pebbles, cherry, sprinkles; etc.
- We learn to paint some grass as well as add depth to the other elements of the fondant cut out
Giant Cupcake Cake Video trailer
Here is the trailer for the video. Don’t laugh but I think I need to keep my hands behind my back when talking into the camera next time. Way too much hand movement happening.
But I’m only in the first part of the blabber. The rest is just my hands so you get to the the tutorial up close and properly.
I do hope you watch the video and find it useful.
Please note: The tutorial does not cover – the basics of baking, layering and covering the bottom tier cake with fondant. I presume you know how to cover a round cake with fondant. If you need a tutorial for that you please check out my other two tutorials
If you do watch this tutorial please do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.