How to make a Fondant Tree Stump Cake Tutorial – Pink Baby Shower Cake
Learn to create a realistic Fondant tree stump cake. In this video tutorial; I show you how to create a tree bark texture with just a piece of foil and the back of a knife. There are endless possibilities to a tree stump from baby shower, birthday, wedding, and even grooms cake.
A design with endless possibilities
A Fondant tree stump cake is one design with endless possibilities. I myself have made it a couple of times for different occasions. This was made Pink with a baby shower theme. I have made it in brown for an enchanted fairy theme, as well as Easter Theme with Peter rabbit. You can also make it for a grooms cake. I am currently making a Tree Trunk wedding cake with white roses. So you see… endless possibilities.
Video – Fondant Tree Stump Cake Tutorial – Pink Baby Shower Cake
A few more details, info and images of the cake
- Cake – I baked my chocolate mud cake recipe in a 7″ round cake pan.
- I torted the cake into three layers with my velvet American buttercream in vanilla and chocolate
- I’ve use my quick and easy marshmallow fondant recipe here – I will be sharing that with you soon.
- For the tree bark texture you can use afondant tree bark silicon texture matI showed in the vidoe but I used just crunched up aluminium foil
- To enhance the texture with lines I have used my Sugar Shapers but you can use the back of a knife or any similar tool
Save this tutorial on Pinterest
Here’s the top view of the cake. I will be uploading a video on how I made those instant Baby Booties and Shoes
And here’s the close up of the front door and cobble stone pattern.
We have bunnies obviously because we have Easter coming soon.
Some of the tools used in this video
Straight and Offset Spatulas. Set of 5, Cake decorating and icing spatula, by CiE. 15, 13, 11, 11 and 9 Inch .
You may also like
It's only fair to share...0001216