Egg less Vanilla Cake I
I’ve had quite a few request for Egg-less Vanilla Cake recently, To be honest I do not make egg-less cakes so often any more.
I remember making these Egg-less cakes often in college for my vegetarian friends but not much after that. I know I have three recipes in my book. All these are actually not my own recipes but from friends or their moms.
I’m going to share them with you . I would appreciate; if you try them out, please do come back to me and let me know the out come. I only post recipes on my blog once I have tested it a couple of times.
These I have not made for many many years now, so would truly appreciate your feedback on whether they are still good or need testing.
230 grams / 2 cups – Cake Flour
1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
170 grams / 3/4 cup – Sugar
115 grams / 1/2 cup Butter (room temperature)
180 grams / 1 Cup Plain Natural Yogurt (beaten)
2 tbsp Milk
2 tsp Vanilla
Preheat oven to 180C/350F
Grease and line two 8″ baking trays.
Sift Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt
Cream Butter and half the sugar until light and fluffy – about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add Flour, milk and Vanilla.
lastly add in the beaten yogurt.
Pour into baking tray and bake in the center of the oven for about 18 to 20 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack before decorating.
Recipe One – Egg-less Vanilla Cake
Egg less Vanilla Cake I
Author: Veena Azmanov - Veena's Art of Cakes
Recipe type: Eggless
Serves: 2 x 8 inch cake
For the Cake
- 230 grams / 2 cups - Cake Flour
- 1¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 170 grams / ¾ cup - Sugar
- 115 grams / ½ cup Butter (room temperature)
- 180 grams / 1 Cup Plain Natural Yogurt (beaten)
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Grease and line two 8" baking trays.
- Sift Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt
- Cream Butter and half the sugar until light and fluffy - about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add Flour, milk and Vanilla.
- lastly add in the beaten yogurt.
- Pour into baking tray and bake in the center of the oven for about 18 to 20 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before decorating.
Do check out the other two eggless recipes, especially one which contains condense milk. .
Please do try and let me know what you think.