Chocolate Pound Cake
If you ever feel like eating a chocolate cake without any frosting added to it, this is it! It doesn’t need much dressing up.
Having said that, frosting it with heavy whipped cream and strawberries or even cherries… it’s absolutely haven.
This is also one of my two favorite chocolate cakes to use for kids birthdays. It’s rich but not delicate, holds it’s shape well when frosted so serving kids is a bit easier.
190 grams / 2 cups cake flour
100 grams / 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
100 grams / 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
60 grams / 1/2 cup Coco Powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
150 grams / 3/4 cup Butter
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Sour Cream
4 large Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2/3 cup Boiling water
2 tsp Coffee
Two 8″ layer cake – OR 10 mini cakes
- Get all the ingredients ready at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 180C/340F
- Prepare your baking pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, coco powder, soda, salt.
- Add the coffee to the boiled water, let cool.
- Add in the sour cream and milk.
- Use to a whisk to stir the sour cream.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, incorporating well.
- Add the Vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture and the coffee mixture alternating.
- Your batter is ready.
Pour into the baking pan.
Here I am making mini cakes.
Sorry I forgot to take a picture after the cake was baked. But I made some very beautiful women’s vanity pouches with these. I did take progress pictures to show you and intend to post those soon. So look out for those to see the fate of these cakes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.