Calculated Cake Recipes Designed Especially for Cake Decorators
Calculated Cake Recipes is a collection of cake recipes that have been calculated into 15 different tiers designed especially for cake decorators. No more frustration of calculating recipes or too much excess cake batter left overs.
Cake Decorators Baking Frustrations
What is the one thing you hate when you finish making your cake batter? The realization that this is not going to become the tall cake you need.
- What’s even more frustrating is when you need to make more you have to make the full batch again – so now you have extra cake!! Right?
This use to be my nightmare when I just started off. I’d bake using online calculators to calculate my recipes which never got the results I was looking for, Why? Because most people bake 1 1/2 in cakes for their celebrations. But if you are a cake decorator like me then you want a tall cake! You want a minimum 2 inch cake? more if possible.
Believe it or not; I’m guilty of making a 6″ tall cake though the order was for a 4″ tall cake. Why? Tall cakes are so much more pretty!!
Look at my recent Blossom White Wedding Cake. These are all 4 inch tall tiers. Close your eyes for just a minute and imagine this same cake with 6 inch tall tiers? Can you imagine how much more of a wow factor those 6 inches would add to this cake? I KNOW!!!
And of course getting that cake batter to go from 4 inches to 6 inches can be a big calculating if you know what I mean.
My second frustration as a beginner – some of you will relate to this.
- Having too much excess cake in the freezer? So often after my firs frustration from above – I’d have extra batter which of course I’d bake into a 6 or 8 inch cake pan. This extra would then go into the freezer! I’d wrap it well.
- But when would I be able to use this cake? Being a small cake business I had space constraints. So even if I had another cake order often the cake in the fridge would be a Double Chocolate Chocolate Cake while the next order would be a Devil’s Food Chocolate Cake. So I hate to bake more cake which sometimes ended up with more freezer cake.
My Promise – All my cakes are baked from scratch and not use cakes frozen in advance.
- This is what I promise my customers on my site? That I bake from scratch, I bake their cakes fresh and I do not use cakes frozen in advance. Of course this meant that all my cakes in the freezer were unusable for customer cakes!! So I only used all those frozen cakes for cake pops! My kids and their friends had cake popping coming outta their ears. Trust me when I started my kids ate one too many cake pops.
Finally I had to find a solution.
- So eventually I started making my own calculations!! I had to figure out how much I needed to make that 4 inch tall cake or that 6 inch tall cake. I came up with my own formula that I wanted to use.
- Often I had to tweak my cake recipe to fit into that formula to make sure that the formula worked.
- Many of the cake recipes were on this blog for free until I finally tweaked it to the perfect recipe I wanted. The recipes on this blog were all good – the formula only works when you want to calculate them into different tiers. So if you have an old recipe from my blog don’t throw it way. All my recipes on this blog are tested and tried.
- The calculated recipe formulas of course took a while because I wanted to tweak the recipe to fit my formula rather then have so many different and weird calculations.
So; Finally I was happy to share these Calculated Cake Recipes in my Online Shop so cake decorators like me can also benefit for their business.
So if you find yourself asking any of these questions when baking? Then these recipes are for you. If not please browse thru my collection of Free Recipes on my blog. Remember all my recipes free or in the shop are tested and tired. I use them too!
- Want your customers to enjoy cakes that taste as delicious as they look?
- Wondering how much batter you need?
- Have no time to calculate your recipes?
- Are you sure your recipe will work the same when doubled or tripled?
- Don’t know how to convert recipes?
- Do you need a 4 inch tall cake?
- or perhaps a 6″ tall cake?
- Round or Square cake?
What cake recipes are calculated?
I started off using the popular request that I had for my business and based on popular request by cake decorators. I started off with just the classic request such as Vanilla, Chocolate, Lemon, Orange. Those who took my initial recipes started asking me for more such calculated charts.
So I must say that you cake decorators have actually helped me grow my online shop. I didn’t know that this would be so popular. And I am ever so grateful not just that you guys use my recipes but also that you guys appreciate my calculations.
Calculated Cake Recipes – Collection & Pricing.
I often get some of you complain about the price. So here’s a little into that for you too.
As of now most recipes are calculated are
2 x 2 layers = 4 ” tall cakes from 6 to 14 inch Round (5 tiers)
and 2 x 2 layers = 4 ” tall cakes from 5 to 13 inch Square (5 tiers)
plus 2 x 3 layers = 6″ tall cakes from 4″ to 12 inch round. (5 tiers)
Each recipe is charged at $4.99 which means I charge you about 0.33 cents for my efforts to calculate each recipe.
And no I do not charge any premium for sharing my own recipe. Don’t forget I have to also pay a monthly charge for the software that runs the shop and pay maintenance for this blog so I hope you will appreciate the price.
List of recipes added to the calculated Cake Recipes
Chocolate Fudge Cake
I have also combined some of the popular ones into Recipe collections based on the top most purchased cake recipes
Strawberry Cake Recipe Batter
Perfect Red Velvet Cake
Vanilla Cake Batter
If you have a request for a calculated cake recipe please let me know in the comments and I will add it to the list for future recipes.
If you do purchase a recipe from me and have any questions or comments regarding the recipe please feel free to contact me by replying to your receipt at any time. I’d be happy to help with any doubts you may have.
I do reply to messages within 24 hours. Sometimes sooner when I’m not busy on a cake.
Thank you for shopping.