Cake of the Month Contest -Details and Rules
Today I have some exciting news for you. A Cake Contest!! Yes! It’s called – Cake of the Month Contest !! Every month we will have a new theme and new rewards too! The best part? You share your cake, you choose the winner and you take the prize!!
I think we all know what is a contest?
Every month here on my blog we will have a new theme. I will pick a theme and who ever wants to take part in the contest will upload a cake picture. Which the rest of us will vote!! And the winner will get a reward.
Theme – One theme will be chosen every month. Such as Airbrush cakes, Christmas Cakes, Pink cakes, Baby Shower cakes, Food cakes, etc.
Submission – The contest will start on the second week of every month. I will send you out a post – if you are listed on my Newsletter then you will get an email informing you of the theme and invitation to submit your cake. The submission period will be one week! No exceptions.
The submission is automated. You will upload the cake yourself to the blog and when your cake in chosen for voting you will be informed by the system as well.
After the end of the submission week. I will pick 12 to 15 cakes. Sometimes these may go up to 20 depending on the entries. These will go live on the blog post for voting. You can vote for your favorite cake. They can vote once every 24 hours.
You can share your cake for voting any where you want – Facebook page, social groups, family and friends and invite people to vote for you. But please do not force people to vote. Let’s be decent and do it gracefully.
The voting will be open for one week too! At the end of the week the cake that has the most stars will be chosen the winner.
Notifications – You will be notified automatically by email when your cake is chosen for voting as well as if you are the winner.
Winner – There will be one winner every contest. Sometimes we may choose to have more than one depending on the generosity of the sponsor and gifts available.
Rewards – Since this is a Cake contest – Cake of the month! I will find sponsors that are related to cake decorating – may be classes, subscriptions or even Gift Certificates to online shopping. I may choose to just give you a Amazon Gift Certificate myself for the month.
Share the winnings – Of course by the end of the contest I will share the winning cake on my Facebook Page with your page so make sure you give your page when submitting your cake.
As with all contest we have to have some rules and guidelines
- You must submit your own cake. A cake that you have made and decorated yourself. You can submit watermarked cakes, as long as the watermark is your own. When in doubt or if someone should question your cake submission you will be asked to prove that you made the cake.
- To ensure we have not fraud or violation of share counts – all shares will have to be done via Facebook. So you have to be logged into your Facebook account.
- You may or may not choose to like the sponsors page.
- Only one cake per person for each contest. If you submit more than one the first one submitted will be used.
- Once the submission is closed and open for voting – no more entries will be accepted.
- You can vote one cake at a time. Each vote is for 24 hours so you can come back after 24 hours and vote again.
- The voting panel requires fair balance of share and vote so please share when you vote if you can.
- While the contest is run by votes – should the management decide that a contestant has violated any rules – they have the right to disqualify a contestant or remove the cake from the system without any intimation or permission from the contestant.
Popular Q & A
- Will you ask people to vote
Yes!! I will share and invite fans to vote all cakes. I have 1.5 million fans and I hope they will participate in voting. But I will not pick any favorite so you are responsible to invite and encourage voters to your own cakes.
- Why was my cake not chosen for voting ?
We will have a a huge selection of cakes per entry. I will try my best to pick the top 20 cakes. And keep the final numbers slime, so voting is fun not exhausting for visitors. As such often you may find that your cake was not chosen for voting. Sorry! But do not be disappointed. You can try again the next month and I’m sure your cake will be chosen.
- Why is my image not uploading?
To keep the contest efficient and make sure images are load fast so people can vote (especially on mobiles)
All images are to be less than 80 kb and all images will automatically cropped to width 600
How to upload images to the Contest.
- Upload the image to you own instagram – with the hashtag provided for the months contest
- Once you had added the hashtag the system will automatically pick the hashtag every 30 minutes.
- To ensure I see or source your image leave a comments below. You can leave a comment or your instagram name for me to identify.
- Remember you have to add this hashtag #for that month for example the November hashtag is #winterthemecakecontest for the system to pick the image automatically.
Upload and image using the form below. To ensure easy and successful – please take note of the following.
- All images must be Jpeg
- All images must be no bigger than 220 kb – (or the contest photos will not load efficiently and the site might crash)
- You can reduce size of the image online using this site or similar – Reduce image size or Compress images here
- Your pictures will be seen as soon as they are approved.
- Spam imagaes will be deleted and emails blocked.
Are you excited? I am!!
Head over this months – Cake of the Month Contest – and take part in it.
All the best!