Cake of the month Contest – Creative Use of Molds
Well, it’s the second week of the month which means; time for? Cake of the month contest!! This month we have a fabulous sponsor and I cannot wait to tell you what our theme is?
I’m really enjoying these contest as we get treated with lots of amazing cakes. It’s so hard to choose – right? Last month was a tough one. We had 28 entries! Such pretty Christmas Cakes came in.
What shall we have for our theme this month? Can you guess? Well, first let me tell you who are sponsor this month is.
Our Sponsor this month is – Marvelous Molds!! Yes!!
Marvelous Molds has very generously offered our winner A choice of any 3 Silicone Onlays® and 3 Silicone Molds. A total of six!! And yes you can choose which you want!!Cake Contest of the month is ON!! Submit your cake now. Click To Tweet
Our Contest Theme this month?
Well, since our Sponsor is offering some amazing mold I thought what better than to use molds as our theme. Let’s call it – Creative use of molds.
So, submit your cakes with pretty molds!! NO your cake does not have to be Marvelous Molds. Your cake can have any brand or non branded molds. We wanna see how you use them on your cake.
So, go head and submit your cake. Check out the upload form below or Instagram upload details as well. You have one whole week to submit your cake until the 20th of Jan. We will start voting on the 21th Jan.
Our Sponsor – Marvelous Molds.
Marvelous molds is the leading brand of silicon molds in the cake industry. One of my favorite for sure!! I have a huge collection of them myself. The best thing about Marvelous Molds is that they have a tutorial for almost all their products which means you know how to use them. I met Chef Dominic two years ago at Cake International – was such an honor.
This is just one set I clicked when the shipment arrived last year. I like buying in bulk so I can take advantage of the free shipping over a certain amount. I have lots more….. I’m crazy about molds.
You must remember the Gumpaste Stiletto Shoe Tutorial I made for Marvelous Molds last year. That is an amazing collection to have. Love that chain mold, so easy to use. Can you imagine sitting and making individual loops for the chain?
Another great collection to have – which is still on my wishlist is the Ocean and Sea Molds – You must see them; I bet you will go crazy over them.
If you want to see my cakes using Marvelous Molds and other products you can check out my board on Pinterest – I usually share a link to that product I’ve used on my cake. If you follow me you will see all the new additions as I add them to Pinterest as well.
Here are some of my cakes with molds – I use lots of marvelous mold but your cake does not have to have any particular brand – if you win of course your treat will be Marvelous Molds – after all only the best for my blog! Right.
Tips for winning the contest?
- Upload the prettiest image of your cake. You can share just one image so make it good!
- Do not upload a close up of part of the cake. We need to see the whole cake.
- Upload cakes with clear clean background – cluttered and dull images will not be approved.
- Do not upload very large size photos they do not load, or people will skip your cake when voting.
- I will approve only images that are pretty, beautiful, eye catching and fit the theme for the final voting.
You can read more about the rules – terms and conditions here on this page – Cake of the month Contest Rules and Guidelines – but a few important to remember are.
- One submission per person – and it must be a photo of the cake you created. It must be a photo of your work, you took the photo.
If required you will be asked to submit a link of where you have published your cake as proof of your work.
- After all the cakes are submitted – I / me and my team (mostly sponsors) will pick 12 to 15 cakes for voting. I will post it on a new post where you will be allowed to vote. You are free to share your cake anywhere you want invite family and friends to vote for you.
- The voting will start 7 days after all the cake submissions are in. So we have 7 days to submit your cakes and then 7 days to vote. The cake with the most votes will be declared a winner.
- Remember only me and my team will decide who’s cake will or will not qualify in the final round for voting. If you cake in not included in this month no explanation will be given. It is always a tough decision for me. Please do not be disappointed – you can try again next month.
- Sign up for my newsletter here to be notified when voting starts as well as to be notified when the winner is declared. And of course to stay updated with all my upcoming post, tutorials, and recipes too.
Cake of the month Contest – January —- How to upload images to the Contest.
Upload an image using the form below. To ensure easy and successful – please take note of the following.
- All images must be Jpeg
- All images must be no bigger than 2 mb (or the contest photos will not load efficiently and the site might crash)
- You can reduce size of the image online using this site or similar – Reduce image size or Compress images here
- Your pictures will be seen as soon as they are approved.
- Spam images will be deleted and emails blocked.
- Upload the image to you own instagram – with the hashtag #CreativeUseOfMoldsContest
- Once you have added the hashtag come here to the blog and write your Instagram username or link to the cake.
So the system will automatically pick the hashtag every 30 minutes.
- You can tag me on instagram – @veenaazmanov but you have to come and write a comment here for the system to pick it up automatically.
- Remember you have to add this hashtag #CreativeUseOfMoldsContest and write a comment on my blog for the system to pick the image automatically.
Please note all images submitted will be kept for moderation/final selection until voting starts in 7 days. 12 to 15 cakes will be selected for final voting. You are free to submit a comment below about your cake.
Can’t wait to see your cakes this month.