Blackberry Tart in just Three Easy Steps – a much healthy dessert option
Blackberry Tart just three easy steps recipe is simple and way too easy. You can use fresh or frozen blackberries. The best part is, there are just three easy steps and is a much healthy fruity dessert option.
Click here to Pin this recipe on Pinterest
Video – Blackberry Tart in Three Easy Steps
I love berries; all kind of berries and one of the best ways to eat berries other than just as a fruit is Tart!!
I think by now you probably already know how crazy I am of Tarts and Pies!
All kind of tarts; savory or sweet.
This is a quick, easy and healthy recipe
Some days I’m busy with cake orders and have no time to spend on elaborate cooking. But; I still need to make dinner and dessert; either because the kids want dessert or we have some guest coming over to dinner. At such times I choose a dessert like this blackberry tart that get done in three simple steps.
This one fits the bill perfectly as you will see in the recipe below
- there are only three steps.
- The use of frozen fruits makes it even easier.
- The recipe uses less cream and butter compared to the traditional Clafoutis.
- There is no crust which means less work and less fat!!
This one is adapted from the classic Clafoutis recipe. Over years making you kinda tend to make changes based on the fruit and now I make it this way.
Recipe – Blackberry Tart
!For the Tart
400 grams / 2 cups Blackberries
1/2 cup Cream
1 cup Milk – 250 ml
2 large Eggs + 1 egg yolk
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp Corn Starch
3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
2 tbsp melted Butter
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat the oven at 160 C / 320 F
Choose 6 blackberries and set them aside for garnish later.
Spread the remaining blackberries in the Tart Pan evenly.
Place all remaining ingredients in a food processor or. Blend until smooth and well combined.
Pour the batter over the blackberries – making sure they are still well dispersed around the pan.
Place on a baking tray.
Bake in a preheated oven – on the middle rack for about 35 to 40 minutes
The batter will look firm and set with a slight wobble in the center
Remove from the oven and cool completely.
!Chill and Serve
Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours so the custard will set. (cooling the tart will give you nice pretty slices)
Once cooled – place the remaining 1/2 cup Blackberries you saved for garnish in the center
And sprinkle with powder sugar
Blackberry Tart just Three Easy Steps
- 400 grams / 2 cups Blackberries
- ½ cup Cream
- 1 cup Milk - 250 ml
- 2 large Eggs + 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup Blanched Almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 160 C / 320 F
- Choose ½ cup good looking blackberries and set them aside for garnish / topping later.
- Spread the remaining blackberries in the Tart Pan evenly.
- Place all remaining ingredients except nuts in a food processor. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the batter over the blackberries - making sure they are still well dispersed around the pan.
- Sprinkle almonds if using them. (i'm not using any almonds here - while Ziv and me like the with almonds version; Aadi and Rhea didn't seem to care much for the almonds)
- Place on a baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven - on the middle rack fro about 35 to 40 minutes
- The batter will look firm and set with a slight wobble in the center
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours so the custard will set. (cooling the tart will give you nice pretty slices)
- Once cooled - place the remaining ½ cup Blackberries you saved for garnish in the center
- And sprinkle with powder sugar
And that’s my gorgeous Blackberry Tart slice. Don’t evny me.. I earned it this week. Yummm…!
You may also like