Art Decor Theme Wedding Cake – Decorated Wedding Cakes
I was commissioned to make this Art Decor Theme Wedding cake recently with instructions to keep the concept of white wedding cake. Was happy with how it turned out. Here’s a little info on the details of the cake.
So it’s kinda exciting when you get told I want an Art Decor Theme Wedding Cake – right? BUT!!! the bride also wanted an all white wedding cake. No other color.
No Silver or Gold – all white!! Even the flowers?
So while my head was spinning with cake ideas of all the options for an Art Decor Theme Wedding Cake – I was kinda bummed about the all White Wedding Cake Concept..
So I had to take a step back.. Deep breaths and tell my self –
“It’t not your wedding cake Veena ! It’s her wedding, her special day and this is what she wants”.
What the bride wanted
She really wanted a white wedding Caje – the Art Deco theme was to include her husband’s business. And she was having a hard time getting herself to accept any other color included but WHITE.
Finally she liked one of the six designs I sent her and agreed to have some Silver in there. Phew!! Well, we all have our dream wedding cake right? Her’s was a white white wedding cake.
The Cake Tiers
- The top tier is a standard 4″ talk Cake
- The middle tier is a Double Barrel Cake – We discussed all about Double Barrel Cakes in our Tip Thursday – All about Double Barrel Cakes – remember?
- The Bottom tier is a 6 inch Tall Cake again we discussed all about it in our Tip Thursday – Tall Cakes or Extended Height Cake – Right?
The Cake Flavors
- Cake – The Whole cake is made with my Traditional White Wedding Cake Recipe – this is one of the Calculated Recipes from my online Shop but you will find a lot of Free cake recipes here on my blog
- Frosting – with Swiss Meringue Buttercream and Chocolate Ganache.
- This is store bought fondant but you could use my Homemade Sugar paste / fondant as well.
This cake reached the Daily Top 3 on Cakes DecorPretty Art Decor Theme Inspired White Wedding Cake Click To Tweet