African Safari Sunset Cake with cute animal silhouette
I love the idea of a sunset and an African safari with all these animal silhouettes creates such a wow factor.
An African safari cake is perfect cake for any one who loves the sun or sunset and animals. Creating this cake was so much fun with airbrushing and details.
I made a single tier African safari cake in 2011; my first year of cake decorating. I loved making that cake so much I always hoped I’d do one again soon. Not until now; almost 5 year later.
I made this for a Bat Mitzvah cake for a girl who loves animals and who is south African origin living here in this country.
I airbrush the cake with Magic Colours Airbrush colors
- The animals silhouettes are made using cookie cutters.
- You can find cool embossed cutters. They are simple plastic ones, not expensive either.
- Here you can see these are not so bad, embossed cookies cutter, plain cookie cutters.
The cake flavors
This was a bat-mitzvah cake. And all the three flavors are my kids favorite combinations.
- Strawberry cake with strawberry jam and strawberry buttercream
- Classic chocolate cake with Swiss meringue buttercream
- Marble Cake with Nutella Swiss meringue buttercream
Here are some details shots of the cake. These two are the bottom tier
And this the top tier. Don’t you just love that Giraffe and it’s baby.
About airbrushing and airbrushes.
I’ve had many of you ask me to give more details on the airbrush. What is a good airbrush to buy. What are the features you need? which brand is good? etc.
Well, I do want to write a post on the airbrush. After all I have three airbrushes. I do have a video I made for Magic Colours on how to use their airbrush. I plan to share that video and answer all those questions above soon. So look forward to my upcoming post.
I hope you have signed up for my newsletter so you will get updated on upcoming post soon.
You may also like